Digsby is a program that integrates instant messaging, e-mail notifications and social networking actions. I downloaded Digsby a little over a month ago, and never expected that I would come to love / rely on it as much as I have….
Here are my TOP FIVE* reasons for being a “raving fan” of Digsby:
- I can be online with multiple screen names from multiple services. That means I can be signed onto several GChat accounts AND with several AIM names AND facebook chat. (It also supports MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, and Jabber, but I don’t use any of those…)
- It manages my instant messages and notifies me when I get new e-mails as well as updates to my twitter feeds and activity from my linkedin and facebook contacts!
- Just like me, all my friends have multiple accounts (AIM, GMail, Facebook) – Here, I can merge them into one “contact”. (Yay for no duplicates!)
- My chat history is saved, which is pretty much a standard feature of instant messaging clients nowadays, but what I love even more is that for GChat, my chat history is saved within GMail, just as it would have been had I been using GChat itself.
- I can sort my buddy list in a variety of ways. I’m still playing around to find the best way to sort my buddy list… I’m torn between sorting by status (available, idle, away) and then by name OR sorting by status and then by service (GMail, AIM).
*I started writing down ALL the reasons I love Digsby but then the post got too long and boring, but EVERY DAY I discover some new little trick that makes me appreciate the program more and more.
Hopefully, I’ve convinced you to check it out. It’s really a great tool! (For those already using Digsby, I’d be interested in hearing tips and tricks you’ve learned or if you have any gripes you’d like to share…)