I did one of these for the year 2003 (and I just spent about 20 minutes trying to find it!), so here goes 2006 in review…
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Lived in an apartment own my own, cooked for myself…
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember what my new years’ resolutions were and I actually didn’t make any new ones for 2007.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.
5. What countries did you visit? France, Ireland, England, Portugal, Spain, Germany, Greece, Czech Republic, Netherlands.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2007? I didn’t lack much, but I’ll say… someone who’s committed to me.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 31st- My first day abroad, September 16th- my 21st birthday.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Taking chances.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not seeing enough of Europe!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yes. I almost died from Study Abroad Syndrome.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Plane Tickets!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Caitlin. This girl has really matured! We still hit our rough spots at times, but she’s learning and growing… and we still have a lot of fun as always.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I’ve learned over the years that this one should be skipped.
14. Where did most of your money go? Alcohol. And the aforementioned European travel.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Lesley coming to visit me in Paris! Coming home from Europe. Going back to University of Maryland. My 21st Birthday!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Beyonce- Irreplaceable, Shakira- Hips Don’t Lie, Bob Sinclair- Love Generation
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Seen more of Europe without worrying how much it would cost, gone out more this fall instead of studying…
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Mmmmm… eaten fewer wings?
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Movies with my sister, then takeout Chinese brought back home.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006? At least twice (see below).
23. How many one-night stands? None. That’s not my style.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Grey’s Anatomy
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Actually, I think that I’ve mended or improved relationships with most of the people around me.
26. What was the best book you read? I didn’t get to read a lot of books this year. I’ll try to do better in 2007.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Regina Spektor.
28. What did you want and get? A new iPod.
29. What did you want and not get? Uggs.
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Were there good movies out this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 21. The night before I went out to the bar with a whole bunch of my friends. It was awesome – the DJ announced my birthday and I got to wear a crown. On my actual birthday I went to buy alcohol legally and had a indoor picnic lunch with my friends. That night I went out to a new bar in College Park.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Ugh, I hate these questions. If my feelings had been reciprocated…
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003? Black scarf, green fleece jacket… jeans and black pointed shoes. Warmth over fashion… I missed sweatpants in Europe!
34. What kept you sane? Talking to Lesley and Lauren.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? Seriously? I gotta say probably Patrick Dempsey.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Bush and everything having to do with him. John made things worse by provoking drunken political discussions. 😉
37. Who did you miss? My parisian friends and my entire way of life there.
38. Who was the best new person you met? Jeff.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. It really is better to put yourself out there (for whatever reason) and be rejected, then to play it safe and later wonder… what if? The pain of rejection subsides over time, but the wondering lasts for much longer.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me.” [I might have to change up this one – it’s a little too emo for me.]